Foster Creative and Critical Thinking Through Intrinsic Motivation
Thursday, March 7, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
This Magna Online Seminar will provide a variety of highly motivating learning design strategies that foster both creative and critical thinking. Participants will gain understanding of some of the differences between creative and critical thought processes and how these kinds of thinking are tied to intrinsic motivation. Highly motivating learning activities that foster both kinds of thinking will be shared, along with a motivational lesson design analysis tool. Upon completion of the seminar, faculty can use the motivational lesson design analysis tool to evaluate the learning and assessment design in their courses to ensure that the courses are designed to evoke both critical and creative thinking in the classroom.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Design learning activities that foster critical thinking
- Understand what kinds of assessments to use to best foster critical and creative thinking
- Use a motivational lesson design analysis tool to design highly motivating learning activities
Here's What We'll Cover
- How are the topics of motivation, critical thinking, and creativity connected in the research on teaching and learning?
- Aspects of learning design that promote critical thinking
- How can critical thinking nurture or inhibit creative thinking and vice versa?
- Intrinsic motivation and the five tests for motivational learning design
- How to analyze classroom learning design to improve student motivation
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designer
- Curriculum Specialist
- Faculty Development Center
- Faculty Development Coordinator
- Faculty Development Specialist
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 03/07/19
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19HA