Online Learning That Sticks: Strategies to Shift to Student-Centered Learning
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
You have the basics of teaching well in hand. Your students are successful. You feel comfortable with your content knowledge and teaching methods. So why would you change anything? This Magna Online Seminar invites you to peek behind the classroom doors and LMS screens of college and university instructors who win national teaching awards to find out what they do that is so different. We will take up three challenges, designed especially for already-excellent instructors:
- Moving away from instructor-constructed interactions
- Providing authentic experiences for learners
- Shifting assessment to the learning process rather than what students produce at the end
All of these strategies share a grounding in the neuroscience of learning, greater learner engagement, and reduced instructor workload and will help you take your teaching to the next level.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Collaborate with learners to create learning processes together
- Share authentic learning experiences that model real-world conditions for practitioners in the field represented by your courses
- Assess learning through means beyond testing and project-writing
Here's What We'll Cover
- Threaded-pathway teaching practices
- Collaborative learning design
- Constructivist learning theory
- Authentic learning design
- Learning neuroscience
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Instructional Designer
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 11/12/19
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: QC19AA